PHP code is executed on the server.
What You Should Already Know
Before you continue you should have a basic understanding of the following:
If you want to study these subjects first, find the tutorials on our
What is PHP?
- PHP stands for PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor
- PHP is a widely-used, open source scripting language
- PHP scripts are executed on the server
- PHP is free to download and use
||PHP is simple for beginners.
PHP also offers many advanced features for professional programmers.
What is a PHP File?
- PHP code are executed on the server, and the result is returned to the browser as plain HTML
- PHP files have a default file extension of ".php"
What Can PHP Do?
- PHP can generate dynamic page content
- PHP can create, open, read, write, and close files on the server
- PHP can collect form data
- PHP can send and receive cookies
- PHP can add, delete, modify data in your database
- PHP can restrict users to access some pages on your website
- PHP can encrypt data
With PHP you are not limited to output HTML. You can output images, PDF
files, and even Flash movies. You can also output any text, such as XHTML and
- PHP runs on different platforms (Windows, Linux, Unix, Mac OS X, etc.)
- PHP is compatible with almost all servers used today (Apache, IIS, etc.)
- PHP has support for a wide range of databases
- PHP is free. Download it from the official PHP resource:
- PHP is easy to learn and runs efficiently on the server side
Thank You For Helping Us!
Your message has been sent to W3Schools.